This is an old revision of the document!
Novell Messenger FAQ
You can always launch Novell Messenger using the icon found in your Staff Applications. Icon looks like →
Messenger provides quick real-time communication with one or more colleges. Novell Messenger can be used on mobiles devices and computers.
Messenger is pre-installed onto your LAS staff computer. When you login to your computer, Messenger will auto launch and prompt you for your login. Once you save your login credentials, it will auto-launch in the back group. If for whatever reason you do not have Messenger installed onto your staff computer, you can install it from your Staff Applications, INSTALLERS folder.
For mobile devices, goto your devices respective app store and search for “Novell Messenger”. After installed and opened, enter in your normal network login and password. For the server address, put in → https://m.lowellschools.com:8300 . When setting up the app, the server and port on separate lines. For this occurrence, the server = m.lowellschools.com and the port is 8300.
Commonly Ask Questions and How-To's:
1. Log in to GroupWise messenger.
2. From the Tools menu select Options.
3. In the left column select Alerts.
4. Uncheck Display Alert in the Notifications of Events window.
5. Repeat step 4 for any additional Alerts you wish to turn off or on. These will disable Alert messages and notifications that you get when a contact comes online or goes offline
Disable Messenger Auto-Start at Login: